Tuesday 13 July 2010

13/07/2010 - Day 16


Look who I saw today! Neither of us could remember exactly when we last saw each other, but we think it was probably close on 20 years. So much has happened in both of our lives since then, but it felt like we picked up right where we left off, and enjoyed a good old chin wag! I worked out that we have known each other for 31 years, since I walked into Mr Melrose class at St Ivo school in May 1979. It was one of the most terrifying days of my life! Penny and I went through school, and college, and Tescos checkouts together, and all the ups and downs that bought with it. Hair dye, clothes, makeup, drinking, boys, music, rec discos, etc. One of my best memories of Penny was my 17th Birthday. We made it into college that day, but not quite into our lessons! We spent the day in Huntingdon (yes, boys were involved!) and then Penny, Terry and Kim all came over to mine. My Nan fussed and made us all food, and whilst the girls all got ready to go out I went on my first driving lesson. Before we went out we were given the standard lecture from my Grandad. "No drinking any of those alcoholic beverages now girls", and then he gave me a wink, and stuffed a load of notes into my hand! I do hope it isn't another 20 years until we see each other again!

No comments:

Post a Comment