Friday 9 July 2010

08/07/2010 - Day 11


What a fantastic day I had at Trent Bridge. England v's Bangladesh ODI and I was lucky enough to be a volunteer in the Media Centre. Nottingham County Cricket Club is always a warm and welcoming place, that generates a fantastic atmosphere. That is why I originally volunteered to help at the ICC World T20 last summer, and why I love going there to watch games as an ordinary punter, and jumped at the chance when I was asked if I would like to help out again. My magical moment of the day, was being in the press box, along with Mike Atherton, Nasser Hussain, and David 'Bumble' Lloyd, whilst watching both live and 3D cricket! Money couldn't buy that ticket! Watching cricket in 3D (Sky's new baby) was a strange experience. It left me feeling a little sea sick, but I can see the future for sport eventually will be in 3D format. I had camera envy looking at the photography equipment of the snappers there! What a brilliant way to make your living. Pictured here is Mark Chapman doing his MC bit during the interval.

No comments:

Post a Comment