Tuesday 27 July 2010

26/07/2010 - Day 29

Nottingham Outlaws V Sussex Sharks.  Each time I thought about the game during the day, I had a little flurry of butterflies in my tummy.  The Outlaws had won every home game I had attended.  A loss and a draw for the two games I didn't attend.  Surely then they would win if I went to the game?  I was sure the toss would decide the game.  Whoever fielded first would surely win.  Chances were Mr Duckworth and Mr Lewis would be called upon.  So the news arrived that Sussex had won the toss, and they were to field first.  But I was going to be there, so Notts couldn't lose?  Wickets went tumbling and Notts finished on 141-9.  That was a good 20 runs short of a winning total - wasn't it?  I was starting to think my lucky charm had run out.  Oh foolish me!  Of course it hadn't!  Halfway through the second innings, the home crowd realised we were in for a shout.  The atmosphere was electric.  We cheered, we waved flags, we banged Friends Provident blowup thingys* and saw the mighty Outlaws through to a win!  What a fantastic night!  Sadly I won't be at the Rose Bowl for finals day, but the diary is clear, and I'll be sat in front of Sky Sports cheering the lads on from afar, hoping that they bring the trophy back with them.

*two blow up long plastic items, that when bashed together make one heck of a racket!

No comments:

Post a Comment